Below are our standard rental terms. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will help you through the rental process.
A few notes:
- Rental payments are due at the time of service and are pre-paid and non-refundable.
- Rentals are charged by auto-pay. We’ll need an active credit card to start.
- We do NOT send you a rental invoice for each payment, but you will receive an email confirming your auto-pay charge.
- It is your responsibility to make sure we have your current card information.
OUR PLEDGE TO YOU
- We (Mount Airy Violins & Bows, LLC) provide you, the renter, a fine quality rental instrument, bow and case, properly set up and ready to play.
- We are Your Resource for free advice on care, tuning help, and adjustments for playability and sound.
- Our Protection Plan Covers cost of repairs/defects, broken strings, most accidental damage to instruments, bows and/or cases. Renters qualify for 50% off list on strings AND re-hairs which should be replaced yearly in order to maintain your instrument. In cases of fatal damage, the renter is responsible for repair or replacement charges up to, but not exceeding, the amount of the deposit.
- Exchanges in Size of instruments are made free of charge as long as you have maintained your instrument, i.e., changed your strings and rehaired your bow once a year. If it is determined that either/both of these are needed, you may be charged a restocking fee. Renters qualify for wholesale restocking fees (see #3).
- Minimum rental period: Each rental begins with a 3-month minimum period. After that period the rental is billed either monthly or quarterly. There is no long-term contract. The renter may return the instrument at any time after the 3rd month.
- Refunds: There are NO refunds for any amounts that have already been billed.
- Earn Credit to Purchase: Renters may apply 100% of their Rental Fees (Monthly amount listed on Rental Agreement) to purchase any (non-consignment) instrument at any time during the rental, as long as all payments have been kept current. Credit is to be used for one outfit or instrument of greater or equal value and of the same instrument family that is being rented (i.e., violin rental for a violin). Rental credit is not transferable and is forfeited if the rental is returned.
- Deposit: Is fully refundable when your well-cared-for rental instrument is returned. Repairs made necessary by serious damage caused through neglect will be repaired by MAVB at the expense of the renter, at a cost not exceeding the deposit.
YOUR PLEDGE TO US
- Treat your rental with care: 1. DO humidify, keep out of the cold and DON’T place it near a heat source in the winter; 2. DON’T leave in an unattended car and NEVER put in the trunk of a car; 3. Occasionally check to see if the bow has been loosened; 4. DON’T put Scotch Tape on your instrument.
- You agree to have NO ONE except MAVB adjust, work on, or repair your rental instrument.
- Keep your billing info current: It is your responsibility to make sure we have your current credit card, phone, and email.
- Late Fees: If your credit card charge cannot be processed within 7 days of the billing date, you agree to pay a late fee of $5 and for every consecutive week thereafter.
- Non Payment: If rent is not paid for two consecutive billing periods, or if your account is declined more than 3 times, you may lose your accumulated credit and we may ask for the instrument’s return. If it is not returned it shall be considered stolen and referred to the renter’s local police department. The renter shall be responsible for the retail purchase price of the instrument, plus any and all legal expenses which may be incurred. In the above case, the renter also gives permission to MAVB to repossess the instrument from the renter’s/student’s school or home.