Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find our frequently asked questions. Please click on your question to activate the answer. If your question is not listed below, please feel free to contact us and we will gladly answer any questions you may have.
- We are makers who understand how to set up and properly adjust your instrument.
- Our instruments are a cut above. Our instruments are easier to play and well-maintained.
- You build credit faster with us than any other music store. 100% of your rental fee can be used to purchase your instrument.
- We include extras, such as a shoulder rest sponge, rosin and music stand in our rentals.
- No long-term contract. You can stop any time after the first 3 months.
- You and your child will receive free instruction on how to care for your instrument.
- We love having the chance to get kids (and grown-ups) off to a good start in learning how to play a stringed instrument!
We will help you determine what size instrument you should rent when you come in, but you can use the following as a rough guide:
Cellos (Measurement is from knee cap to upper ear while sitting straight in a chair with legs at right angles and feet flat on the floor.)
1/8 Size — 21-23”
¼ Size — 23-25”
½ Size — 25-27”
¾ Size — 27-30”
Full Size — greater than 30”
1/8 Size — 16”
¼ Size — 18”
½ Size — 20”
¾ Size — 21”
Full Size — greater than 22”
The protection plan covers smaller repairs such as broken strings, open seams, stuck or broken pegs, retouch, broken bridges, etc. We’ll even help you out with tuning if you stop by.
It does not cover rehairs or new strings which should generally be replaced once a year. It also does not cover lethal damage. For your ease of mind, we recommend that you add your instrument as a rider on your home insurance or purchase instrument insurance from an outside company (we can provide you with this information.) In the event that your instrument is lethally damaged, you will forfeit your deposit.
If your child outgrows their instrument we will happily help you to switch to a larger size. Don’t worry; all of your accumulated equity will transfer over to the new instrument! If he/she has been using the instrument for more than a year without a string change or rehair, you will be charged a restocking fee to cover the wholesale cost of new strings and a rehair.
Yes, 100% of your “Rental Fees” can be applied towards the purchase of an instrument at any time as long as your account is in good standing. We recommend checking in with us once a year to find out how much credit you have. You are welcome to continue to rent as long as you like, and continue to accrue credit (perhaps towards a step-up instrument!) and enjoy our protection plan.
Yes, all of your accumulated equity will transfer over if you upgrade to a higher quality instrument.
Absolutely not. Please make sure you bring your instrument in if you are experiencing any problems.